Al-Mustafa Open University
This is al-Mustafa Open University (Virtual branch of al-Mustafa International University)
What is al-Mustafa Open University?
Al-Mustafa Open University is the virtual study branch of al-Mustafa International University with this mission:
“Aiming at Peace and Justice, Mou’s mission is to disseminate Islamic doctrines and to advance interfaith dialogue through cyberspace”;
To know more about our history of accomplishments and Advantages, please visit our website:
Why Al-Mustafa Open university?
a) No need to attend the traditional classes
b) No time limitations
c) No class size limitation.
d) Accessing more effective instruction and learning approaches
e) Improving the society level of knowledge
f) Being cost-effective
g) Having easy access to learning materials
E-learning is defined as technology-based learning or cyber-learning. It utilizes multimedia and Communication infrastructures to provide e-learning and e-teaching services. E-learning has modified the chuck-and-board learning and teaching concepts. It could improve traditional learning and teaching. In addition, it dramatically modified the educational services. In the internet version of learning and teaching, the limitations of time, place, learning resources are all no longer influential. Thus, the approaches to learning and teaching are also improved. Information technology (IT) provides many features employing which we can access new formats of effective instructional approaches.
1) System of Educational Services: the system used by Al-Mustafa Open University is called SAJA. All academic Affairs such as course registration, course selection/deletion, withdrawal, accessing the academic records, etc. are all done through that system.
2) Learning Management System(LMS): here the instructional contents already developed are uploaded. The formats of the contents are PDF, FLASH, HTML, etc.
3) The classes will be held on Adobe Connect.
The students are required to study the instructional contents and answer the end-of-lesson questions. To enhance learning and provide the answers to the questions raised by students, some online classes are being held.
Note1: the class timetable will be accessible through the students’ personal Dashboard.
Note2: needing more online classes, students can send their request to their tutor (or TA). The minimum number of participants is the requirement for holding the requested class (s).
Students can also participate in a forum to exchange their course related information. There’s a thread for each course.
There is also a midterm exam. Yet the online instructor (TA) will decide on whether or not it is administered.
Final exam: it is scheduled by the Academic Affairs Dept. It is held online. Its format will be in either Multiple-choice, essay type or both.
In some cases, the online-instructor (TA) will develop some topic on which the students are required to submit an academic paper. The papers should not exceed 15 A4 pages. Students should submit the papers through their own personal Dashboard.
Students will be graded according to the table below:
Once you enter the Learning System of MOU you will have access to:
4) Registration System: to facilitate the registration process, Al-Mustafa Open University developed a registration system called SAMPA. Having filled in the form and submitting the required documents, a Dashboard will be created for each applicant. At the same time, a Reference Code and a Password will appear for the applicant using which they can log into their own Dashboard. It is recommended to save this Reference Code and Password. Applicants can also edit their personal information or resubmit the documents already sent.
You may ask; what are the Educational Subjects at the Open University?
Take a look of our subjects:
What will you do afterwards?
After consideration of the subjects and courses, one can register at the Open University using the link below:
What are the Admission Requirements?
2. Mastering the Language of instruction
3. Successfully completing the first term’s courses
Note: For the Associate Degree, one has to provide us an Inter Mediate degree and no need for BA or equivalent.
1. A Passport size Photo
2. A copy of Your ID Card or Passport (First Page only)
3. A Copy of BA, BSc or equivalent degree
Once you got registered, you can participate in our various classes in English as well as in Urdu, Persian and Arabic language.
Note: a) Registration would be considered for forthcoming semester if one registers after deadlines.
b) We do not have any semester in (upcoming) summer.
c) Registration system will send you an email by the commencement of the semester containing your username and password for Learning System.